How can you support DEI?
- Establish recurring and required DEI training programs
- Set goals specific to DEI
- Host and promote attendance in internal and external DEI events
- Offer mentorship programs
- Share DEI data
DEi Centric Companies
AnitaB: Envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. We connect, inspire, and guide women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
Their social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
MLT: American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) is a national, nonprofit organization focused on substantially increasing the representation of American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, First Nations and other indigenous peoples of North America in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) studies and careers.
The Board Challenge: a movement to improve the representation of Black directors in corporate U.S. boardrooms by challenging companies to take the pledge to appoint a Black director within the next year.
SHPE: The nation’s largest association dedicated to fostering Hispanic leadership in the STEM field.
Aises: American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) is a national, nonprofit organization focused on substantially increasing the representation of American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, First Nations and other indigenous peoples of North America in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) studies and careers.
Companies Taking Action
- Donating $10 million to organizations supporting justice and equity
- Holding a student conference for future Black leaders with career exploration, networking, and workshops designed to enhance skills and maximize student potential
- Has 12 affinity groups, also known as employee resource groups, which bring Amazonians together across businesses and locations around the world. Some examples include the Black Employee Network (BEN), Amazon Women in Engineering (AWE), and Indigenous@
- Workforce data
- Mastercard will increase Black leadership at the VP level and above by 50% by 2025,
- Boost annual spending with Black suppliers by more than 70% to $100 million annually by 2025, and
- Advocate for police reform and criminal justice reform.
- Annual HBCU Bootcamp: scholarships for UI / UX, Java, and data science bootcamp 100% paid sponsorship
- Launching a mentorship program connecting BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) partners to senior leaders and investing in strategic partnerships with professional organizations that focus on the development of BIPOC talent.
- Setting and tracking annual inclusion and diversity goals of achieving BIPOC representation of at least 30 percent at all corporate levels and at least 40 percent of all retail and manufacturing roles by 2025.
- Connecting the building of inclusive and diverse teams to our executive compensation program.
- Establishing Inclusion and Diversity Executive Council to provide internal governance to integrate inclusion and diversity throughout the organization.
- Workforce data
As part of the Fair Play initiative, Mattel will:
- Build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our own community, focusing on the development and recruitment of Black talent.
- Invest in the next generation of the Black community with intention, by providing access and opportunities.
- Focus efforts to inspire the next generation of children, we promise to offer product, content and experiences built on the foundation of diversity – ensuring that the stories of the Black community are seen and heard.
- Fight systemic racism will be ongoing, and it will evolve continually based on understanding of the issues and needs of the community. Each of their brands has an important role to play and will be outlining actions to support this critical endeavor